Monday, March 25, 2013

Remediation!!! and a techinical journey

The effort in making a web text is long and tedious, this I knew because when I was in high school I had to make a web page for my final project. No hints were given I was just given basic steps and had to figure out all the coding myself, this took me a long time because not only did I have to write my text, I had to put in all the coding to change the font, the color and size. the page to me forever because my goal was to put all types of format into the paper (i.e. links, video, pictures, slide show) I didn't mind it at first but some of the codes were long and the placement was a bit difficult to navigate.
Although I knew about making a web site I never tried making a good one. I never though of the designs and the finer aspects of it, the sounds of the links never crossed my mind.
I am not very savvy when making a design but this article has given me some things to think about.
Web design is also a decent paying job if you can get good enough, a problem is that you have to know the coding and be willing to sit and work hard for a long time. although web design might not be a career choice, my high school teacher was a computer tech and he would get the occasional odd job making a website for someone.

My technology journey is more oriented around musical tech because I am still learning all the different things out there, computers I kind of have down simply because I learned about them more than anything else in high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment